Tourists sunbathe at the Mediterranean resort of Sousse, Tunisa, four days after Friday's terrorist attack, Tuesday, June 30, 2015. (AP Photo/Abdeljalil Bounhar)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The gunman who killed 38 tourists in Tunisia received weapons training from jihadis in Libya, a top official said Tuesday, as the president admitted security services were unprepared for the attack.Secretary of state for security Rafik Chelli told AFP Rezgui had been in Libya at the same time as the two authors of a March attack at the National Bardo Museum in Tunis that killed 21 tourists and a policeman.Authorities had not expected Tunisia's beaches to be targeted, he said.Tunisia is expected to deploy 1,000 armed officers Wednesday to reinforce tourism police -- who will also be armed -- at beaches and attractions.It was Britain's worst loss of life in a jihadi attack since the July 2005 London bombings.Tunisia's crucial tourism industry was already suffering from the upheaval that followed the 2011 overthrow of ex-dictator Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and other jihadi attacks.Tourism accounts for seven percent of Tunisia's GDP and employs around 400,000 people.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE